Drive for SAINT
There is a SAINT in all of us…Be one today
SAINT volunteers have been helping their neighbors stay independent and connected to their community since 1983. They can be seen anywhere in Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado — they are the drivers with the blue SAINT signs on their cars.
SAINT is truly a volunteer-based organization. All of the rides we provide are given by volunteers driving their own cars.
But there are not enough SAINT volunteers to fill the need. Each month someone does not get a needed ride because there is not a volunteer available to give it.
You could be the volunteer to give that ride.
Requirements and Skills Needed
- Eighteen or older
- A clean, reliable vehicle
- Liability insurance meeting Colorado state requirements
- A desire to help
- Interpersonal and Communications Skills — a friendly smile and pleasant conversation make the rides fly by
- Driving and Navigation Skills — SAINT requires authorization to obtain a driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles; serious infractions (e.g.: DUI or reckless driving) will disqualify a candidate. Familiarity with Loveland or Fort Collins is a great plus, but driving for SAINT is a great way to learn your way around town. Map reading skills also come in handy.
- Good Citizenship Skills — A criminal background check authorization is required; criminal convictions will disqualify a candidate
How it Works
- Monday – Friday
- First pick up is at 8:15 am, the last is at 4 pm
- SAINT operates two programs — in Loveland and in Fort Collins; we do not give rides between the cities or to outlying areas
- All rides are pre-scheduled; drivers receive their schedule of rides the day before they drive. Our online scheduling system also provides a driver interface where you can access all the information about your schedule and options such as linking directly from your scheduled rides to online maps and directions.
- Flexible driving schedules
- Drive a regular schedule — typically one morning or afternoon a week
- Fill in when needed — pick up shifts when drivers with regular schedules need time off or demand is exceptionally high
- We will work with your availability
- Contact our volunteer coordinator
- We will answer your questions, give you more information and help you decide if SAINT has the right volunteer opportunity for you
- Once you have completed an application, we will send you a link to complete an online background check which includes your driving record
- After you clear the background check, we will set up a one-on-one orientation to provide the training you need to be a great SAINT driver and give you the resources you need to do the job
- You can reach us at 970-223-8604 option 3 for volunteer coordinator, email@example.com or by completing the website contact form
Contact Us To Ride, Drive, or Give
SAINT’s mission is to help seniors and people with disabilities maintain their independence and self-sufficiency by providing connections to the community through personalized, door-to-door transportation.